Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Not your average trucks - or truck drivers!


I was amused to discover that in Eastern Europe, there are competitive events to test the ability of drivers and trucks to cross rough terrain.  Having done this as a matter of routine in parts of Africa from time to time, I couldn't imagine why anyone would want to willingly subject themselves, or their expensive trucks, to the same hammering just for fun . . . but perhaps I'm too much of a realist sometimes!

Anyway, I thought you might enjoy a look at how they go about it (and sometimes fail).  Here are a few videos portraying their trials and tribulations.




















Looks like everyone was enjoying themselves . . . but I'd hate to be the one who had to wash those trucks afterwards!





Peter

4 comments:

The Great and Powerful Oz said...

8 wheel drive with 4 wheel steering?? Wow.

Old NFO said...

250PSI fire hose... :-)

Stuart Garfath said...

Is the Truck Trial Balve 2007 3 one of the last surviving coal-fired vehicles, or just a diesel working to the max?.

perlhaqr said...

Some decade, and possibly after winning the lottery, I'd like to build an 8WD 8WS off road truck, probably using Unimog axles and some sort of turbo diesel.

I kind of miss my old U404 Unimog, but with gas prices what they are, I kind of don't, too. :P