Sunday, October 14, 2012

Miss "Bum Bum"???


I'm still somewhat aghast after reader Glen W. in Texas informed me about a Brazilian competition to find that nation's most attractive . . . er . . . derrière.  The Huffington Post reports:

Crack addicts, get excited.

Brazil is gearing up for the "Miss Bum Bum" pageant, a nationwide contest to find the best butt in the country.

The nation's cutest derriere will be chosen out of 27 competitors, one from each of Brazil's Federative Units. Online voting will determine 15 finalists, who will travel to São Paulo in November for the "grand finale."

. . .

Like any good pageant, Miss Bum Bum Brazil is not without scandal.

Cibelle Ribeiro was one candidate who almost slipped through the cracks. Murano told The Huffington Post that Ribeiro was a national "favorite" for the competition, but was almost disqualified when judges suspected she may have butt implants, and the curvy contestant refused to take an X-ray.

However, it looks Ribeiro has since submitted to the X-ray and, butt approved, is now back in the running, according to Globo.

There's more at the link.

You know, I wasn't aware of the existence of such things as butt implants until I read that article!  I guess I've led a sheltered life . . .

I'm not going to embed it here, because I try to keep this blog family-friendly, but for those interested in such things, there's a promotional video for the competition on YouTube.  I can't say I enjoyed it.  I'd much rather get to know someone because they have an interesting personality, rather than solely on the basis of a physical asset that's bound to deteriorate sooner or later!





Peter

1 comment:

Rev. Paul said...

One preacher said, "Don't fall in love with parts, because parts wear out." Smart fella.